It's that time of year again! Time to start finalizing your direct mail budget for 2017. The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) approved implementation of the January 22, 2017 proposed price changes for: First-Class Mail, Standard Mail, Periodical, and Package Service. Concluding that, “the proposed classification changes for these classes are consistent with applicable law and regulations.”
A few of the highlights – First-Class Mail:
- Extending “Second Ounce Free” to Presort Letters weighing up to 3.5 ounces
- Presorted AADC and 3-Digit Automation Letters are combined into one AADC price cell
- Offer a single price for Presorted Letters weighing up to 3.5 ounces
Note: First Class Mail has six products: Single-Piece Letters/Postcards, Presorted Letters/Postcards, Flats/Parcels, Outbound Single-Piece First Class Mail International and Inbound Letter Post.
A few of the highlights – Standard Mail / Marketing Mail
- FSS-specific rates for flat-shaped pieces will be eliminated, specifically: DFSS entry, FSS Scheme Pallet/Container, and FSS Other Pallet/Container, and replaced with appropriate 3-Digit, 5-Digit, Carrier Route, and High Density prices
- Increase maximum weight for Machinable Letters from 3.3 ounces to 3.5 ounces
- The maximum weight of Flats that pay piece rates only will increase from 3.3 ounces to 4.0 ounces
- The 3-Digit and AADC presort categories were merged for Letters
Note: Standard Mail consists of seven products: Letters, Flats, Parcels, High Density and Saturation Letters, High Density and Saturation Flats/Parcels, Carrier Route and Every Door Direct Mail - Retail.For more details visit: http://www.prc.gov
Have additional questions or in need of direct mail marketing services? Give us a call!